Am 18. Januar 2016 01:24:38 MEZ, schrieb "Uwe Stöhr" <uwesto...@web.de>:
>Am 17.01.2016 um 03:22 schrieb Peter Kümmel:
>
>> I would release the beta with the available Windows installer, but
>would also mention, that because of men power this time on Windows
>there will be nothing better that beta quality.
>> In the announcement you could mention that we are busy improving
>this, but that at the moment no Windows developer has the time to
>create a reliable installer and that we are very interested in someone
>who wanna help out.
>
>But what is going on here? I reported that i am ready for beta1. I even
>
>presented you an installer.
>And to repeat myself, building the installer was never a problem,
>building LyX with Qt 5 was the problem.

But there must be no problem in building with Qt5. And if you report problems
about cmake could not find Qt5 something is fishy on your system. And nobody
had an idea what you are doing when creating the installer.

>Sorry, but it is an effrontery to say that no dev has the time nor the
>ability to build a reliable installer!

But it looked like you are not able to get a straightforward build, you told
you have to touch 40 pathes to get a build up. Hearing this, the only reaction
is "wtf is he doing".

>Of course the installer for beta works fine - tested for 2 days on 5
>PCs. And no, LyX on Windows is as stable as LyX on Mac and Unix.

This was to early, because until now we have no beta release. You have to build
the installer after the beta is out.