Le 21/01/2016 05:19, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 02:18:40AM +0100, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 03:03:20AM +0000, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Le 16/01/2016 22:26, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 06:29:32PM +0000, Guillaume Munch wrote:

Le 16/01/2016 17:06, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 07:45:35PM +0000, Guillaume Munch wrote:

However, this reveals new ways of creating an "after" cursor
position:

* A visually-after cursor position appears with
Ctrl+Shift+Arrows (LFUN_*_SELECT_WORD of something like this).
It remains a right position after deselection, for instance by
doing copy and immediately paste.

I could not reproduce this one.

I can reproduce it systematically.

1. New file 2. Type something in an itemize environment 3. Enter
three times, get a separator 4. Place the cursor at the beginning
of the document 5. Ctrl+Shift+Right until the after position is
reached

optionally:

6. Do copy+paste, to get the same cursor position but with the
selection removed.

This only occurs when the separator is the last character in the
document. In this case you don't need Ctrl+Shift+Right but simply
use → to get there.

I cannot reproduce your description. My recipe works as well if there is
some paragraph after. (Also you can probably deduce from the context
that I would have noticed.)

Sorry, but it seems that I was simply using Shift+Right, even if I was
talking about Ctrl+Shift+Right... Yes, I can reproduce it and it also
happens with Left. I am attaching an updated patch taking also this into
account. I verified that it is still possible to get to that position
when randomly multiple clicking but did not discover a way to
sistematically trigger it. I fear that this may take some time to fix.
However, with this patch it should not be so easy to get after a separator.

Please, find attached an updated patch that moves the check for
separators on mouse clicks to a centralized place (also accounting
for shift-clicks and other modifiers).

Thank you for the patch, I started testing it but I would be more comfortable in testing it in the long term. I do not know enough about the architecture of mouse events to be personally confident about it.

For this patch and for the one at Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 02:18, I also noticed that it skips the position right before the separator: it jumps from the beginning of the last word to the beginning of the first paragraph. It would be desirable to stop after the last word

For this patch I noticed that clicking in the right margin after a separator jumps to an unexpected location if the separator is in a collapsible inset (either at the start or the end of the inset).

Maybe we can go with the improvements you already made for beta, and commit this particular patch to master after release.

Guillaume