Le 26/02/2016 11:09, Jerry a écrit :

On Feb 25, 2016, at 6:52 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:

Le 25/02/2016 10:01, Jerry a écrit :
When I ran the Python command in a terminal, it proceeded quickly to "+Indexing TeX
files..." and stayed there for about 34 minutes and everything else took no more
than about a minute--just as before installing texlive-fonts-recommended.

Does this mean that running "python scripts/TeXFiles.py" is the command that is
slow?

JMarc

I don't know.

Could you try to run it like you ran by hand configure.py? To be frank I'd be suprised to find out that the is the culprit, but the message "+Indexing TeX files... " would point to that, unless I am mistaken.

Also, there is a question you may already have answered. What happens if you interrupt the running confogure.py with Ctrl+C? Does python give you a backtrace showing where it is in the configure.py script?