On Feb 24, 2016, at 6:49 AM, Guillaume Munch <g...@lyx.org> wrote:

> I may have had a similar issue involving LuaTeX taking huge amounts of
> time to configure, at some point, with LyX 2.1.3 and TeXLive 2012/2013.
> It got solved by upgrading TeXLive. Jerry, do you have lots of fonts
> installed?

I'm not sure what you mean. If I take your question literally, the answer is,
it seems like everything I do on my computer results in more fonts being
installed, so I would say "yes," approximately 10^9. I can be more precise if
you like. OK--according to Font Book, there are about 450 families and most
have several fonts in each family.

Jerry