On Feb 25, 2016, at 9:15 AM, Guillaume Munch <g...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Le 25/02/2016 00:54, Jerry a écrit :
>> On Feb 24, 2016, at 6:49 AM, Guillaume Munch <g...@lyx.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I may have had a similar issue involving LuaTeX taking huge amounts
>>> of time to configure, at some point, with LyX 2.1 and TeXLive
>>> 2012/2013. It got solved by upgrading TeXLive. Jerry, do you have
>>> lots of fonts installed?
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean. If I take your question literally, the
>> answer is, it seems like everything I do on my computer results in
>> more fonts being installed, so I would say "yes," approximately 10^9.
>> I can be more precise if you like. OK--according to Font Book, there
>> are about 450 families and most have several fonts in each family.
>>

> This has been a factor for me in the past, though it's been a while ago,
> and I never really investigated the problem. When I had this problem I
> would simply force-close the luatex processes, then lyx would
> immediately continue as expected. If I infer correctly from your other
> messages, if you only force-close the luatex processes and not lyx then
> it continues normally?

I don't know if you could infer that from my previous comments, but more or
less what happens. The luatex process starts almost as soon as I hit
Reconfigure. I Quit it (force quit not required) using Activity Monitor. LyX is
unresponsive for about a minute, then the message

The system has been reconfigured.
You need to restart LyX to make use of any
updated document class specifications.

appears. At that point, LyX seems to operate normally. Also it operates
normally after quitting and relaunching.

Jerry