On Monday 19 February 2001 11:33, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Just for natbib this will not be needed, but for the more general case
> where we want to use the optional arg on captions, sectionheadings,
> etc. we need a "input field" where we can use the "full" power of the
> LyX canvas.

Ok. Understood. It's not relevant to NATBIB.

A general InsetCommand will output LaTeX of the form
        \command[opt1][opt2][opt ...]{contents}
(Of course, opt1, op2 etc can contain square brackets themselves)

The existing interface to the Options in an InsetCommandParams is:
        string const & getOptions() const;
        void setOptions(string const &);

I was planning to change this to:
        string const & getOptions(int=0) const;
        void setOptions(string const &, int=0);
        int nOptions() const; // returns number of Options

Ie, most Insets have an unchanged interface, but those that desire extra
Options can have them.

Are you happy with this?

Angus