Le 24/10/2016 à 23:55, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
Am 24.10.2016 um 00:38 schrieb Guillaume Munch:

You are not being rude at all, in fact you are quite polite.

OK. I felt I was rude. I thought about it and began to update the docs
when I realized what an impact these renaming have. Then I searched the
Wiki and googled around. The source code window is referenced all over
the place a lot. So changing this produces a lot of work for me, breaks
the idea that the docs for LyX 2.2.x are valid for all 2.2 releases
(except bugfixes of course) and finally I didn't see a benefit for the
renaming at all.

Sorry for all the work. It helps to see it as lifting a lot of small
confusions all over the place. I can also help with the change (maybe it
won't be needed if Jean-Pierre's magical solution works).

So if you think the changed name is an improvement and the others agree,
I am fine with this change in master but not for branch.

I can revert the menu name to "Source Pane" in 2.2.x for the
documentation reasons you gave.

Please do so.

Done.

I can also revert it in master if
the majority wants it. But I hope that my explanation reassured
you.

If your experience is that the new name helps users, it is OK, I mean
many things I do here are also driven from user feedback and are perhaps
sometimes hard to understand by developers. For me user feedback is very
important. So +1 from me.

Of course what I can only say is that the old name did not help.

I don't know if there was already a vote. if
not, I suggest to do one because this menu is used quite often and
better to decide now than later in the RC cycle.

Yes, if there are dissenting opinions, now is the time. And then if
rationally it cannot be decided, then it might be needed to resort to a
vote.

Guillaume