El 07.04.2017 a las 10:26, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes escribió:

What do I mean? Don't you see something wrong about the screenshot I posted?

Sorry, I haven't seen it. I thought you refer to Scott's screenshot.

It is of course difficult to develop when the result looks different on different machines. Then I don't have a chance to avoid this. I have no other clue than that QVBoxLayout is rendered different on different machines. I switched now to QGridLayout. Could you please send me a screenshot if that works for you?

I understand that it looks good on your machine, but your job is to make it look good everywhere.

I use the Qt designer. I am wondering that it looks here exactly in the designer when I compile it but different on Linux.

First we should remove our LyX developers hat and see that the text layout is the layout of all elements on the page (not everything-that-is-not-mathed). In this respect, your new option really fits here.

But this is what I try to look through the eyes of a user. The menu is named "text layout" so why should the layout of formulas belong to "text layout" and not to math?

You mention math fonts, but I think under the "Fonts" menu people will look for any kind of fonts. Under "text" they will look for text and under "math" the math stuff. This is also the way I look in other programs that I use as a non-developer without any background knowledge (e.g. LibreOffice).

But OK, I moved it now as you requested.

Second, the math options pane is really about what particular math features should be available for a document.

This is new to me. I never understood it as such. For me that are simply the settings that only affects math.

regards Uwe