On 04/11/2017 02:30 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
And I tried to argue that I think these line edits are not a suitable
UI.
It is much more different, since the line edit are supposed complex
key-value pairs.

Let me disagree with you on this, Juergen. As a long-time user, I too often missed being able to add options to packages that are called by LyX, that I believe every such package should have a line edit for its options. Because, let's face it, LyX will never be able to add support for all the options of latex packages, and it so often happens that even the simplest enhancement request take a decade to get fulfilled. Some of fontspec options are really essential to the proper functioning of the package, it'd be a pity not to have this implemented. In a nicer way when it comes to UI, I agree.

Maybe a general sheet where one could send options to (the calls of) this and that package would be a good way to go - that means, not by just using \SendOptionsToPackage.