On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 03:30:14PM -0400, Richard Heck wrote:
> On 07/20/2017 01:21 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 19.07.2017, 16:37 +0200 schrieb Enrico Forestieri:
> >> The attached patch takes into account all of these ideas. As a
> >> disclaimer,
> >> note that I am providing it only because I am now familiar with this
> >> part
> >> of the code and can quickly come up with a patch. But I am not
> >> endorsing it.
> > I propose to apply this patch and return to productivity.
>
> I would agree with that.

I'm concerned that since this issue has left us all exhausted, there is
a feeling of "let's just get this over so we can move on". I encourage
all of us to give one more cognitive spurt and give a vote.

From what I understand, the three options are still what I proposed
three weeks ago [1]:

1. Revert the recently added minted support.

2. Keep the current state of master.

3. Apply the patch at [2]. Don't forget to copy emblem-shellescape.svgz
to lib/images. (Note that I get linker errors when I try to apply the
latest patch, but it might be something specific to my setup.)

So I ask explicitly to everyone (even if you think you have already
voted, please give your vote again): who has given the latest patch a
good test, has looked at the code (the patch is not so long), and votes
in favor of one of the three options?

Please also feel free to say that you have tested the patch but choose
to abstain from voting. This way I will know that even if the vote is
only 2 to 1, at least the rest of the developers are indifferent, rather
than not having tested. But I ask that everyone tests the patch and says
something. If you are lost because you had the fortune of not following
the debate, let us know so we can tell you what to test, and can point
you to some advantages/disadvantages of each option.

Scott

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=20170705045915.h4uyrsc27g54da3m%40steph
[2]