On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 02:27:02PM +0200, Kornel Benko wrote:

> Testing the patch shell-escape-auth-5.diff, there is 1 issue from my side:
> The session entry is totally ignored if using 'lyx -E', therefore I'd prefer
> to save the entries in some other file (for instance "session.shellEscape"),
> which could be loaded unconditionally.

I am wondering whether it is better this way, security wise. When you
export from command line you don't get any clue that latex is allowed
to run external programs. Perhaps a further line command option could
be introduced, say --shell-escape, that in this case would be an explicit
consent. This option would be effective only for batch jobs and ignored
in normal operation.

--
Enrico