Dear Joel,

thanks for the fast answer.

On 2017-08-27, Joel Kulesza wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net> wrote:

>> Can you have a look at the used fonts in this document?

> As Mike indicated, all defaults in User's Guide.

By "default", you mean "unchanged", right?

A look in the log file revealed that the used font is Latin Modern.

The manuals changed the font setting to Latin Modern in the 2.3
development cycle. Before there was some preamble code. So I wanted to
rule out this change as a reason.

(The LyX [Default] does not set up a font and LaTeX selects a Computer
Modern substitute (EC or CM-Super).)

>> I am not sure about "low res", but raster is expected:
>> This is the normal behaviour of LyX for ages. See
>> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7334
>> and http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9741.

> As a first step in every LyX setup I recommend to
>> set Document>Settings>Fonts>Roman to LatinModern in the default template.

>> >    8. Launch LyX 2.2.3
>> >    9. Type "test"
>> >    10. Render
>> >       - The text in the PDF is vector.

>> Maybe you already changed the font default in this version?

> See attached comparisons.  Both were generated by creating a new document,
> typing test, and rendering.  "test_raster" came after rendering the user's
> guide.  "test_vector" came after quitting both LyX and Preview.  Note that
> in both screenshots I zoomed in to show the detail.

I see, so the difference in the test documents is not about compiling with
2.2 vs. 2.3, right?

So we can rule out bitmap fonts. (To be sure, you could check the used fonts
in the test files with "File>Properties>Fonts", "Document>Info" or similar.)

Thanks,
Günter