On 2017-08-28, mn wrote:
> On 28.08.17 11:03, mn wrote:
>> On 28.08.17 08:36, Guenter Milde wrote:

Dear Mike and Joel, dear LyX Developers,

> Just exported a UserGuide to PDF with LyX 2.2.3 in debian, opened the
> resulting file in Mac Preview.app and the results are the same.

> The end of this will mail will list the generated warning from the linux
> tests.

> The svg2pdf converters on the Mac were rsvg.
> The svg converters used under linux were also from rsvg.

With the warnings:

> pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file ./1_usr_share_lyx_images_file-open.pdf):
> PDF inclusion: multiple pdfs with page group included in a single page
>> <./2_usr_share_lyx_images_buffer-write.pdf

OTOH, with inkscape as converter I did not see these warings and the
UserGuide exported here did work no Mike's Mac.

So we have as reasons:

* Multiple PDF inclusions on one page (like the many small icons in the
  UserGuide). No problem with just one included icon.

* Conversion of these PDFs via rsvg (an internet search for the error
  message showed other examples inclduing Sage and MS Office)

* The Mac PDF viewer
  (but there are reports of Acrobat having problems with
  "multiple pdfs with page group included in a single page", too)

The page
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/76273/multiple-pdfs-with-page-group-included-in-a-single-page-warning
gives a detailled explanation of the warning and consequences as well as
possible workarounds.

Günter