On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 06:12:38PM +0000, Zhexuan Gong wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks for your hard work and for asking me to test again! Unfortunately,
> the Lyx 2.3.0rc2 did not fix the blurry figures on Mac retina display and
> the disappearing tabs I mentioned in the other email either. What's worse
> is that the math font is screwed up now and having wrong sizes here and
> there (see attached screeenshot).

Thanks a lot for testing, Zhexuan, and for the useful screenshot. Dang,
I was hoping that the blurry figures would be improved.

As for the math font, could you please give a comparable screen shot
with the stable LyX version you are using (e.g. 2.2.3), so that it is
easy to see the "before" and "after"?

Actually, if you don't mind, could you please make a minimal example
.lyx file and take a screenshot with both the stable LyX version and
with LyX 2.3.0rc2? The reason this would be useful is that if you send
us the .lyx file, we could then send the same .lyx file to other Mac
users and ask them to provide screenshots of what they see, so that we
can compare across all. A minimal example in this case would contain the
paragraph that you showed with the math, but without the figure and
without the notes, and without any changed document settings. Let me
know if you have questions on what I'm asking for.

I'm not very hopeful that we will improve the blurry issue that you see
for 2.3.0 (hopefully for a following version we can), but I think
there's at least a chance that we can fix the wrong sizes of the math.
If the issue comes from a change in LyX's internal code, we might be
able to fix it. If the issue comes from the fact that we use a newer Qt
library, then we probably won't be able to do anything about it.

Thanks for your help,

Scott