On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 10:22:42PM +0000, Stephan Witt wrote:

> I cannot reproduce it either. Let’s see how it goes with the pixmap cache
> disabled.

+1.

> > Does anyone have suggestions for especific environment variables that
> > Zhexuan could test to see if it fixes things? e.g., could the
> > environment variables QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR, QT_SCALE_FACTOR, and
> > QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS be of potential use here? They are documented
> > here:
> >
> >  http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html
> >
> > Joel, did you by chance set one of those environment variables in the
> > past?
>
> I don’t believe it’s useful to set these variables on a Mac. It’s simply
> not needed and should work automatically. Fiddling with the environment
> is not so easy on a Mac - LyX isn’t a terminal application and the
> environment of a desktop app is very basic and not easy to change.

Good to know. It seems that using launchctl setenv can be useful [1].

> Regarding the blurry image thing - the problem here is the images being
> generated for preview with the wrong (too low) resolution by the preview
> images converter engine, IMHO. Last time I had a look I couldn’t find a
> way to pass the actual screen resolution down to the graphics converters
> in a clean manner. Furthermore the screen resolution on a Mac isn’t static.
> It may change at runtime if you’re working with multiple displays. I think
> this may happen on other platforms too - but I don’t know how this works
> e.g. on Linux.

OK so nothing we should try for 2.3.0. As for the screen resolution
changing, I guess we would need to hook such changes into regeneration,
like we do when zooming.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/a/3756674/1376404