On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 07:31:15PM +0000, Joel Kulesza wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Zhexuan Gong <gongzhex...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Scott,
> >
> > Yes please see attached for a minimum lyx file that produces the math font
> > issue, and two screenshots using Lyx 2.2.3 stable and 2.3.0rc2. The 2.2.3
> > has no problem with the math font.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Zhexuan
> >

> Thank you for providing a MWE.  Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue
> with the distributed 2.3.0rc2 on my OS X 10.11.6 iMac with 5k Retina
> display.  Please see the attached for what I see in LyX and my system
> properties.
>
> - Joel

The .lyx example file and screenshots are perfect. Thank you, Zhexuan.

Stephan, are you able to reproduce? I forget whether you have a retina
display. In either case, do you have any intuition on whether the
difference between 2.2.3 and 2.3.0rc2 is due to our change of Qt library
or a change in our code?

Does anyone have suggestions for especific environment variables that
Zhexuan could test to see if it fixes things? e.g., could the
environment variables QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR, QT_SCALE_FACTOR, and
QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS be of potential use here? They are documented
here:

  http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html

Joel, did you by chance set one of those environment variables in the
past?

Scott