Hi Stephan,

The math font problem is not an urgent problem now since one can just turn
off the pixel map caching.

Regarding the blurry image, the problem you mentioned with low resolution
image generated by the Mac built-in image converter engine can be easily
fixed. I added a rule "sips -Z 600 -s format png $$i --out $$o" in the
PDF->PNG converter setting where 600 is dpi that can be further increased.
So I can get a very high resolution image showing on the Lyx workspace.
However, the image is displayed in 2X zoom always and not in a HiDPI mode.
Maybe you can just pass to DPI setting to the Lyx workspace for showing
images?

Best,

Zhexuan