Hi,

I just checked the new installer. The crashing on closing the PDF reader seems fixed. However,

1) if one installs it over the existing version, it will create a second LyX version rather than replace the current one. There will be a LyX.exe as well as a LyX2.3.exe.

And

2) the new version will not use the earlier version's user directory "LyX2.3" but rather just LyX.

I am pretty sure that 2) is a bug. Maybe there is a reason for 1) but then the installer should tell the user to uninstall the old version first not only under the conditions mentioned in the initial dialog (see attached screen capture).

Daniel