On 3/2/19 7:58 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 01/03/2019 à 21:43, Paul A. Rubin a écrit :
I have no idea if this makes a difference, but just in case it triggers a thought: my desktop (where the issue never manifests) has Qt 4.8.7 and 5.5.1 installed; my laptop (where the problem manifests if I do not override the native dialog setting) has Qt 4.8.7 and 5.9.5. LyX uses 4.8.7 on both machines (or so it claims), so I would not think the Qt 5 version would make a difference ... but lacking a rational explanation for the difference in behaviors, who knows?

Also, is there any place where a Qt configuration file would be stored that would explain why the native true/false thing has no impact on my desktop but a big impact on my laptop? (All I know about Qt is the spelling.)

What may be relevant is your desktop environment. In gnome, it will be the gnome file dialog, in KDE the KDE file dialog, and may be others.

JMarc
I agree that the environment matters in general, but in this case three different systems running Mint + MATE (which I believe is a Gnome derivative) produced two different dialogs, one of which is apparently the "native" dialog (based on the new configuration setting) and one of which is not.

Paul