Am 07.03.2020 um 07:30 schrieb Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de>:

> On 2020-03-06 22:06, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

>>> I guess the difference is that there is no package manager on Windows
>>> (and on macOS?).
>> Yes, of course, but we don't install ImageMagick with LyX on OSX, do we?
>> [...]
>> Riki
>
> Actually, I am not sure about that. At least I never installed it manually on
> macOS. Maybe it comes with the OS then?

No, it’s not part of the OS. It’s detected if installed and there are two good
choices: macports and homebrew.

LyX is usable without these because of the shipped fallback converter for SVG
or other format to PDF or any other format supported by QImage (see
src/convert/lyxconvert.cpp).

Python is deprecated on OSX and this is a problem in the future.

Stephan