On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 07:56:43PM +0200, Cor Blom wrote:
> I have some additional information on top of my previous response with the
> screenshots. When I leave the tex fonts enabled and I link the lyx fonts
> into /usr/share/fonts in the folder lyx, nothing changes, but if I name the
> link zlyx I have the same result as without texfonts. It seems the fonts are
> read alphabetically and the last result is used.
>
> I hope I make sense.

Makes sense. Is this 'zlyx' solution acceptable hack from the opensuse
packaging
point of view?

Another option would be to patch the sources for packaging and rename
esint10.ttf
to e.g. lyxesint10.tff as well as all occurences of esint in the code (most
important
would be symbols file).

Yet another option would be that we do this upstream, I am not sure how good
idea
is it though.

Maybe there is also some more elegant solution to change the way lyx picks
the font (I'm not sure if its fontconfig or lyx influences that decision) -
don't
know this part of the code well and don't have your setup to debug it.

Pavel