Lars> the solution is still simple. And now we do not need to allow
Lars> definitions of insets in the layout files. It should suffice to
Lars> be able to run lfuns from the layout files. (rather to bind
Lars> lfuns to layout styles.)

And what happens if I want to change this layout back to standard?
With this change, you are changing the semantics of layouts, which is
certainly not a neutral thing. These used to be a paragraph property,
and now it is "change paragraph type or maybe insert something but
don't tell me about it beforehand".

Anyway, I've already told you how I feel about it.