Dekel Tsur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 06:08:03PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
| > Dekel Tsur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
| >
| > | Why?
| > | The ability to mix lyx insets with latex code like the above is a great
| > | feature of LyX. Just because you doesn't use doesn't mean that it shouldn't
| > | be supported anymore.
| >
| > It has never been supported, it has just happened to work by chance.
| > And you can continue to use it, just don't complain when it breaks.
|
| It is still possible to do it with the ERT inset, it just looks bad on
| screen because the ERT inset is not inlined. So just make the ERT inset
| inlined and I'll be happy.

It is inlined (isn't it?) it is just the lable/button that makes it a
bit peculiar.

| > |
| > | The problem with scrap is note simple. You need to allow definition of insets
| > | in the layout file, which is something completely new.
| > | (note that the text in a scrap inset should be free-spacing)
| >
| > the solution is still simple.
| > And now we do not need to allow definitions of insets in the layout
| > files. It should suffice to be able to run lfuns from the layout
| > files. (rather to bind lfuns to layout styles.)
|
| ???

If the lfun "ert-insert scrap" is run when the user press "Scrap" in
the layout dropdown then that should be (close to) enough.

| > and the scrap inset does not have _any_ properties the ert inset
| > should not have.
|
| So do you plan to make the text in ERT inset free-spacing?

yes.

| It does make sense if you want to have indented latex code.

What I'd really like to have it some kind of "editor" inset that the
InsetERT could build upon instead of the InsetText that is a lot more
complicated than what we need.

| One problem with using the ERT-inset for scrap, is that when you have a
| compilation error, the error box will appear just before the inset begin,
| and not in the correct line inside the inset. But this is a general problem
| with all InsetText insets.

rather a problem with how we place the error boxes.

--
        Lgb