Juergen> On 19-Jul-2001 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

>> We already have the methods void Inset::open(BufferView*, bool)
>> bool Inset::isOpen() which should be enough. Currently they do
>> something only for collapsable inset, but I'd want to implement
>> them for inset who have a popup too. If you could show me some
>> working code, I'd finish the adaptation.

Juergen> What does this do if a collapsable inset has a dialog
Juergen> (InsetMinipage f.ex)? Then we say we're open and our dialog
Juergen> is open too? I would say we should split this!

Good point. What I was trying to reproduce is the behaviour of 1.1.6,
which nobody complained about :) The idea is that inset-toggle should
be the keyboard equivalent of clicking on an inset.

The example that you propose shows that our UI is bad: left-clicking
on an inset brings up the popup if there is one, *except* if it is a
collapsable inset. In this case, it expands the inset (which arguably
is a way to edit it). Then the right-click to edit minipage properties
is just weird. BTW, what is the keyboard shortcut which provides this
feature? I surely hope we have one...

JMArc