On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 03:25:43PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> It is not the design philosophy of unix. Many unix features rely on
> programs and pipes, after all.

even plan9 uses libs ....

> This just mean that we have to build two versions of LyX

Kayvan has already said it's not a problem ... and distribution makers or
whatever only need to build one version, as they know what's in the distribution ...

> distributions. And people with slow machines (which are more
> interested than others in binary distributions) will have to download
> the AikSaurus _and_ the AikSpeare libraries.

I promise that if this ever becomes a concern I'll change the code myself !

thanks
john

--
"I'd rather be rudely informed than politely left in the dark."