On 26 Jul 2001, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> On platforms that support it we can dynamically load the lib...
> That is probably the nicest solution.

I don't see why. You have to compile AikSaurus nomatter what.
The stripped library has the amazing footprint of a full, whopping
32 kilobytes, or to be exact 32528 bytes.
It's ridiculous to dynamically link such a small library.

The potential problem is that AikSaurus is a new dependency, and it
in itself depends on bzip2lib. This problem is not solved by
dynamical linking or by introducing some complicated external
communication method with an external program. In fact, we can't
solve this problem. Therefore, the patch does the correct thing:
It detects whether AikSaurus and bzip2lib are present. If not, the
thesaurus feature is left out. This is the same as a lot of other
features we have, and IMO the only sensible thing to do.

Greets,

Asger