On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 06:14:23PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:

> > little thing when there are much more serious problems elsewhere !
>
> Well, I just looked at the list of bugs assigned to me. Non of them are
> serious, so I just started at the beginning.

it is only default assignment by component you are free to ignore it :))

> Anyway, why don't you try the attached files as a drop-in replacement for
> those in cvs. The code does all the first steps I think.

the first steps aren't the problem. Try getting the keypresses back to the minibuffer
without doing something icky, I got bored before I could get it working: if you
can't get this working, then the new code is a moot point ...

Also, I really hate the behaviour now - I've never seen a widget that does that
pop-down thing on exit of the area. Given that xforms is supposed to be open
source soon, it seems a bit silly to punish everybody with a weird behaviour
because xforms does odd things with the pointer grab on your platform with your
xforms version.

Also, up/down keys don't highlight the item, so I have no idea what I'm selecting.

> (That's not to say that xforms isn't a pain in the arse at times. This is
> code is a horrible mess of fudges!)

you ain't kidding :)

I really wouldn't bother spending your precious lyx hours on this particular bug :)

regards
john

--
"I went to set up a Yahoo ID for my dog. (Don't ask, but the DOG'S email was
cluttering my inbox)."