On Wednesday 09 January 2002 9:13 pm, John Levon wrote:
> the first steps aren't the problem. Try getting the keypresses back to the
minibuffer
> without doing something icky, I got bored before I could get it working: if
you
> can't get this working, then the new code is a moot point ...

Ok. Understood. I was just playing.

If the problem is getting the keypresses back to the minibuffer, then why not
pass the current "input" of the minibuffer to the DropDown::selection and
store it internally as input_. Then on keypresses do something like:

void DropDown::keypress(KeySym keysym, char key)
{
        std::cerr << "keypress" << std::endl;
        if (!keysym && !key)
                return;

        switch (keysym) {
        case XK_Down:
                std::cerr << "XK_Down" << std::endl;
                break;
        case XK_Up:
                std::cerr << "XK_Up" << std::endl;
                break;
        case XK_Return:
        case XK_Escape:
                std::cerr << "XK_Return, XK_Escape" << std::endl;
                hide();
                result.emit(input_);
                break;
        default:
                char tmp = lowercase(key);
                if (tmp >= 'a' && tmp <= 'z') {
                        std::cerr << "add " << key << std::endl;
                        hide();
                        result.emit(input_+tmp);
                }
                break;
        }
}

> I really wouldn't bother spending your precious lyx hours on this
> particular bug :)

;-) I'm not the only one irritated by current behaviour, me thinks!