On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> On 17-Jan-2002 Allan Rae wrote:
>
> > Sorry, the minipages now work almost as correct as they should.
> > When I make the second minipage 45% (instead of 100%) the two
> > minipages are no longer placed in the same row.
>
> I don't see this here, sorry!

Ahhhh  I just found out two interesting things that are interrelated.
By changing one line in drawInset() I can get John's missing minipage
problem _and_ not have the minipage appear on the second line.

That line is text.C:484  (currently CVS has this)

        if (!need_break_row && !inset_owner
==>         && p.bv->text->status() == CHANGED_IN_DRAW) {
                Row * prev = p.row->previous();

I have been experimenting with:

        if (!need_break_row && !inset_owner
==>         && p.bv->getLyXText()->status() == CHANGED_IN_DRAW) {
                Row * prev = p.row->previous();

With this setting I don't get the problem John reported with a cursor
and no minipage in sight.  However I can also set the second minipage
to 10% and it will still be drawn on a second line.

Which is the correct one to use?  I'm thinking it should be the second
version.

Allan. (ARRae)