Herbert Voss wrote:

> lyx gets the filetype from its contents, not from the
> extension. If it's an unknown one, like your grace
> than it returns "user". You can define a converter
>
> \converter "user" "eps" "gracebat -hdevice EPS $$i" ""

Still doesn't work; but leave it at this point; will do
the manual version instead since I'm running out of time :(.

Peculiar detail though: while playing with this, LyX was
crashing every now and then, especially after having tried
to load some grace files, I loaded an eps file; the
graphics dialog closed and LyX disappeared, whop, just like
that. It seems that the conversion and LyX got strangled
somewhere.
Sorry, can't provide more details at this point.

Regards,
Rob.

PNG image