On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 03:33:50PM +0100, Angus Leeming wrote:

> Isn't that what branches are for?

To a degree. But big changes like GUII and not going to play well with
other big changes.

> Why don't we set up a GUII branch and play there.

Yes please, at least temporarily. I need some help unbreaking things,
especially in xforms.

> branch. It isn't too hard to maintain a branch against changes in head if the
> merging of changes in head into the branch is done regularly. Thereafter,

But it does get difficult where you have multiple branches, and you
can't do a multi-way merge. What happens if Andre's branch modifies a
file that doesn't even exist in GUII ?

> I really think we should be making more use of branches.

Yes, probably

regards
john
--
"It is very difficult to prophesy, especially when it pertains to the
 future."