Angus Leeming wrote:

 > Attached is a "smart loader" for the previews. I'd really, really like
 > interested users --- that's the mathematicians out there who use
/lots/ of
 > equations to test it out.
 >
 > It's meant to enable you to generate and display the previews with no
 > discernible effect on LyX's responsiveness.

nice work :-)

I loaded one of my books with a lot of mathstuff. Only some
problems:
- it starts only when I walk with the cursor "through" some
    mathboxes
- in tabulars with matstuff in every cell, I have some
    in preview and some not, not so good
sed: Couldn't open file bbox.sed
extracting metrics failed.
    is the message, when I walk from cell to cell
- now I see, that tabulars are totally ignored???
- stere is still the problem with the not ignored
    geometry settings -> eqno is unvisible
- the eqno is f.ex: 0.21 but it's the third chapter
    and it should be 3.5, a minor problem ...
- equations in floats (caption) are not previewed
    maybe all insets???
- scrolling quickly to the end -> peng
- restart and imidiately scrolling to the end was ok,
    but now only the formulas through which I "walked"
    were previewed, no the one before or behind

Statistics:
285 numbered equations
732 pages in the metrics file
57 MBytes for the ppm-files