On Friday 12 July 2002 9:41 am, David Kastrup wrote:
> Well, PNG image support will mean previews will be much more fun, and
> their loading will not spend an infinite amount of time...

Incidentally, whilst total loading time will remain high, actual impact on
the user will be negligible once I finish this "smart loader" stuff. The
previews in PPM format will take a fraction of a second longer to appear than
the ideal case of native PNG loading once they've been generated. Since we're
only going to be loading 5 or 6 previews at a time, that's hardly important.

Angus