On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:43:15AM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> | until you remove my karma. This way I don't feel bad for not fixing broken
> | stuff
>
> So then you can claim that "I know there are broken stuff and I'd be
> happy to fix it, but I am not able to play nice so my karma was
> removed. Now I cannot fix the broken stuff."

Indeed. This would make my life simpler as their are hard technical facts
restricting me. Currently I have to think about stuff like "Should I apply
the fix for #860 even if nobody gives the second 'ok' or should I not".
If I can't commit, I won't waste a thought.

> | and you don't need to set fixed dates.
>
> To expand a bit. It is impossible for a project like this to set fixed
> dates a long time in future. Short-term it might be possible.

Ok. What about "1.3.0 ships on Friday".

> And even for me to say: "1.3.0 goes out the door friday", can be
> problematic since I have a full-time job doing other things + (belive
> it or not) a private life. I can aim for friday and not be able to do
> it before monday f.ex.

I won't be able to check before Monday, so this is fine with me.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)