On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 07:40:06PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bj?nnes wrote:
> Alfredo Braunstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> | I'm wondering... Maybe it's a stupid idea, but it seems to me that it would
> | not be so difficult to set up a pair of shell scripts to automatically
> | assign unique shorcuts to ui elements (menus, dialogs, etc). Like taking
> | the first unused letter of the word. Not so flexible, but
> | consistent.

> What I'd rather do is to remove most of the shortcuts from dialogs,
> and have the user use tab to move around.

> Not everything needs a shortcut.

???

Heresy!

You are talking about extra keystrokes, and forcing poeple to watch the
dialog.  Also, the sequence of keystrokes will change as the dialogs
change.

ack!  Evil!

hawk, keystroke whore

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail