On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 09:08:25AM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:

> If you want my opinion, I think shorcuts are useful when they are on the
> first letter. With some effort I can use if they are on the first letter of
> the second word, but if I have to find the underlined letter in the middle
> then I better tab out or click with the mouse.

M-c c i

I have no idea why anyone would associate that with "insert columnt,"
but after doing a bunch from the menu, I finally noticed it, and it sure
helps.   Intuitive ones are nice (and again I'll mention early ms
software for mac; I was using commands I'd never heard of!), but
"available" sure beats the rodent if you have to do it a lot .  . .

hawk