On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 05:31:11PM +0100, Juergen Vigna wrote:
> Andre Poenitz wrote:
> >Would that mean (almost) no effort is spent to "be clever" in this case?
>
> I don't understand your question here?

Currently we spend some effort to figure out which part of the screen needs
a redraw. This computation costs time.

I think removing all that clever code might yield a speed up because we
would not spend the time for this computation.

You say I could try it out by setting NEED_REDRAW(?sp).
Ok, the effect of both is obviously a full redraw.

The question is, whether setting NEED_REDRAW means that there is almost
no time spend for the computation of what needs to be redrawn (because e.g.
the code looks like

   if (!NEED_REDRAW)
     fancy_computation();

), or whether this mean we would spend the same time for the guessing
_plus_ the time for the full redraw.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)