Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Angus> Well given that I can't even communicate with them, I don't see
> Angus> how they'll ever know ;-)
>
> Could you try to write a message to spl voicing our concerns?

I have sent emails to spl and received no reply. I have no idea about what
is going on.

> I did not manage either to send messages to the list. I think it is a
> separate matter and should be seen with the list maintainer, who seem
> to be  [EMAIL PROTECTED] It may be that this is a good reason
> why the list is so quiet.

Indeed. but given that the xforms list lives at the same bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
address, I'm not confident that any mails I send will ever reach him.
Something of a Catch-22 situation.

Is anyone out there subscribed to the xforms list and able to post to it?

In answer to your original question, what do you think of this draft to spl?
Please ammend it as you see fit.

Dear Steve,

are there any plans to resurrect xforms' development? Things seem to be
really quiet at the moment.

I note that 2003 has so far seen a grand total of 42 emails in 10 threads to
the xforms list, all of them user questions and answers rather than related
to development. I also note that I have been unable to post to the xforms
list at all in 2003 although I am most definitely subscribed to it. (I even
received a mailing list reminder on 1 March...) This has left me feeling
somewhat victimised but recent conversations on the lyx-devel list reveal
that others there are experiencing a similar problem.

Perhaps the lack of traffic on the list and my inability to post to it are
symptoms of a real problem with the xforms mailing list?

Late last year I posted a mail
(http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/xforms-archive/0536.html)
in which I asked a similar set of questions about future development. In
reply, you mentioned that you would try and roll out a cvs tree over the
Christmas vacation. Did anything come of this?

Best regards,
Angus