John Levon wrote:

>> Yes, I've noticed, but I still miss the direct shortcut to the
>> preamble...
>> users?...   Anyway, an LFUN solves this problem - any objections to
>> adding it as an enhancment request in bugzilla?
>
> no objection

We already have such an LFUN:
        case LFUN_LAYOUT_PREAMBLE:
                owner->getDialogs().showPreamble();
                break;
So the trick is to get the Qt frontend to actually act on it:

 void Dialogs::showPreamble()
 {
-       // FIXME
+       pimpl_->document.controller().show();
+       // Code to tell the dialog to display the preamble tab.
 }

Of course, the code above will change when the thing is ported to the new
scheme but the principle will be the same:

        case LFUN_LAYOUT_PREAMBLE:
                owner->getDialogs().show("preamble", "preamble");
                break;

void Dialogs::show(string const & name, string const & data)
{
        Dialog * dialog = find(name);
        if (!dialog)
                return;

        dialog->show(data);
}

The Qt frontend will return the Document dialog from the find() above and
pass <data> "preamble" to this dialog. The xforms frontend will return the
Preamble dialog and will effectively ignore <data>.

--
Angus