Angus> I have sent emails to spl and received no reply. I have no idea
Angus> about what is going on.

That's strnage, indeed.

>> I did not manage either to send messages to the list. I think it is
>> a separate matter and should be seen with the list maintainer, who
>> seem to be [EMAIL PROTECTED] It may be that this is a good
>> reason why the list is so quiet.

Angus> Indeed. but given that the xforms list lives at the same
Angus> bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil address, I'm not confident that any mails I
Angus> send will ever reach him. Something of a Catch-22 situation.

I guess we should try to find out. Another solution is to send a
message to someone who managed to post recently (like Serge B Bromow
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) and ask him to send a message on our behalf to
the list.

Angus> Is anyone out there subscribed to the xforms list and able to
Angus> post to it?

Not me anyway. Did CG message reach the list? I got a copy, but I was
in Cc:.

Angus> In answer to your original question, what do you think of this
Angus> draft to spl? Please ammend it as you see fit.

It seems fine to me. You could add the list of fixes that you have for
xforms and mention the fact that we would like to avoid the hassle to
provide our own patched version of xforms for LyX (without sounding
menacing, of course).