Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> | > |

> | > I think you should have a look at boost::filesystem and see how that
> | > fits.
> |
> | I _knew_ you would say that. Angus buys himself a beer.
> |
> | My entire point was that our requirements here are _very_ simple. Is the
> | filename input as relative to the buffer path?
>
> This is graphics/external only, please obtain a broader picture.

???? I am talking about how LyX stores/outputs references to external files.
That is the only interaction I am interested in here.

Actually, what other interest does LyX have in files?

> | If so output it relative to
> | that path. Always storing it internally as an absolute path guarantees
> | that we won't screw up as we move an inset between buffers.
> |
> | That's it. No need for a pile more bloat.
>
> a nice function there and new function and class there, let's add
> another function... oh we need this as well.... all solved at the same
> time with a nice lib.

If you want to implement the FileName class using boost::filesystem, fine.
But IMO that is an implementation detail. Personally, I thnk that a "string
abs_name, bool output_relative_to_buffer_path" is all it needs.

And I don't think I am talking total crap since _most_ of my dealings with
LyX appear focussed on how the kernel interacts with the world around it.

> And just drop the comment about bloat. I am beginning to take almost
> all such comments as insults now...

Then you should be more robust. There was no intent to abuse; I made what I
feel is a valid comment. Anyway, I'm the least abusive guy I know.

Ok, ok have a smiley ;-)

--
Angus