Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
|
| > Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
| >
| > | Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |

| > |
| > | I _knew_ you would say that. Angus buys himself a beer.
| > |
| > | My entire point was that our requirements here are _very_ simple. Is the
| > | filename input as relative to the buffer path?
| >
| > This is graphics/external only, please obtain a broader picture.
|
| ???? I am talking about how LyX stores/outputs references to external files.
| That is the only interaction I am interested in here.
|
| Actually, what other interest does LyX have in files?

We read them, we write them, we check if they are there, we iterate
over directories, we search for files, we delete files, we delete
directories. we move from relative to absolute paths and back again...

| > | If so output it relative to
| > | that path. Always storing it internally as an absolute path guarantees
| > | that we won't screw up as we move an inset between buffers.
| > |
| > | That's it. No need for a pile more bloat.
| >
| > a nice function there and new function and class there, let's add
| > another function... oh we need this as well.... all solved at the same
| > time with a nice lib.
|
| If you want to implement the FileName class using boost::filesystem, fine.
| But IMO that is an implementation detail.

And I asked you to have a look... not more... it was dismissed as
bloat...

| Personally, I thnk that a "string
| abs_name, bool output_relative_to_buffer_path" is all it needs.
|
| And I don't think I am talking total crap since _most_ of my dealings with
| LyX appear focussed on how the kernel interacts with the world around it.
|
| > And just drop the comment about bloat. I am beginning to take almost
| > all such comments as insults now...
|
| Then you should be more robust.

I think I have been robust enough.

| There was no intent to abuse; I made what I
| feel is a valid comment. Anyway, I'm the least abusive guy I know.

I am just getting tired of such comments... it does not matter that
you only do it once, when everybody else does it once (or twice) as well...

--
        Lgb