John> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 03:11:01PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
John> wrote: Big Boo to Trolltech on this one.
>>  Indeed. The current code in Ron's binary works around the problem
>> reasonably, except for one big point: it does not work when the
>> interface has been l10n, since we pass to Qt some strings that are
>> already translated. John, what can we do about it?

John> We have to use Qt's translation system for these. We also have
John> to do that for the file dialog to be translated, btw

And is there a way to trick Qt's translator to use gettext? A special
QTranslator subclass?

We could of course change all our strings to use the "&Quit" format
instead of "Quit|Q". But would that really help qt? What does KDE do?