On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 05:59:33PM +0100, Michael Schmitt wrote:
> John Levon wrote:
>
> >This is actually 99% of the work. I hope people are beginning to see
> >what a massive task this actually is now ... just getting tables back up
> >and running will probably take *weeks* (sadly, I don't think I'm
> >exaggerating).
>
> And I also hope people are beginning to see that _every_ new feature and
> _every_ code change introduces new bugs. That's why we should have a
> feature freeze very soon.

I see that and I also see that I am the main source of new bugs right now.
However, I think that most of the things will be easily fixable as soon
as the core is in a stable condition. And I see this time approaching.

We basically have a choice of making what we have now workable and
create some fragile glue code (which should be better than we had
before, but...) or tame that beast for good.

I am opting for the latter right now as this minimizes total effort in
the long run.

Andre'