Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 02:06:10PM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
[...]
gave me a src/lyx that don't want keyboard input. I can't type,
only move around and/or paste text.
I thought this just was the sort of things that might happen when trying 1.4cvs versions.

It shouldn't. Is this still there?

Andre'

I did a cvs update, compiled, and can now write normally. This time I noticed:

* The scroll wheel on the mouse only work with the pointer over the scrollbar,
not with the pointer over the main text. Ouch. And it crashes lyx after a while too.

* The character styles is on another meny, but work the same way as in 1.3,
 i.e. overlapping ranges works and backspace don't do anything
 unusual.  Aren't they new styles in 1.4cvs, or is my cvs set up wrong?

* Help->about lyx says Lyx 1.4.0cvs Thu, Jan 30, 2003.  This made me suspect
 a cvs setup error, or doesn't the date reflect the latest change?

I believe I checked out "lyx-devel" using instructions on the developer website.
These instructions weren't clear to me, particularly these two entries:

lyx-devel This is the new development and stable branch. The development will progress in branches and the main trunk will stay stable. All future source code development will be done in this repository.

lyx This is the unstable development branch, and is not in use anymore. Use this only if you know want to see in what direction LyX is going (e.g. the new LyX kernel). Expect this to crash frequently.

So, is "lyx-devel" development or stable? (stable makes me think "only fully developed &
tested stuff")
Is "lyx" where I find the very latest (but unstable) kernel to test, or is it "not in use
anymore", i.e.
totally obsolete, existing only for historical reasons?

I went for lyx-devel, because that is where "all future development happens" despite being
"stable".
I'm new to cvs, and confused.

Helge Hafting