On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 07:49:38PM +0100, Christian Ridderström spake thusly:

> In case that was unclear, here's an example:
>
>       a^2+\textrm{aFunction}+2|
>
> pressing backspace gives
>
>       a^2+\textrm{aFunction}+|
>
> backspace again...
>
>       a^2+\textrm{aFunction}|
>
> now when you press backspace, the textinset isn't deleted, but highlighted
> and a cute text shows up on the statusbar saying "Press delete again to
> actually delete".
>
>       a^2+\textrm{aFunction}|
>           \---delete?------\
>
> and then when you press delete again, you end up with
>
>       a^2+|
>
> /Christian

This is actually not a bad idea. But we sort-of have this now already.
In MathEd, I never delete anything but single characters straightaway.
I don't dare to :-( If I want to delete a bracketed expression etc., I
always select it first to see its extent.

One could in the above situation make the first backspace invoke
selection of the previous bracketed expression. I don't know how hard
that is to implement.

> --
> Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr

- Martin