Andre Poenitz wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 12:56:43PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
>> > lfun-define  "citation-insert" "dialog-show-new-inset citation"
>>
>> That's exactly what I envisage.
>
> We'd just have to decide on some 'internal scripting language'
> and get all these features for free.
> With Tcl this would be a
>
> 'proc citation-insert {} {dialog-show-new-inset citation}'

You still have to define them, which means that you have to store
them in a script. But this is exactly the sort of thing I envisage.

Some lfuns are more complex of course. For example
"bibtex-database-add" no longer exists, but the script could invoke
something like

"server-export bibtex" # to output the contents of
                      # the inset through the lyx pipe.
Manipulate this data as it sees fit
"inset-modify bibtex <data>"

It seems complex, but it's actually giving the user a LOT more power
whilst removing ad-hoc lfuns from the LyX core.

Which reminds me. I should write the "server-export" lfun ;-)

--
Angus