On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 09:50:43AM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
> Andre Poenitz wrote:
>
> >> The following patch should fix the crash. The culprit is that
> >> insetcollapsable::edit(x,y) should not call insettext::edit(cur,x,y) when
> >> opening (the inset was not visible before) but insettext::edit(cur,
> >> true).
> >
> > Hm.. is that a proper fix?
>
> You tell me.

Put it in and add a "#warning look here".

> The fact is that it's kind of dumb to try to acess the insettext's
> coordinates when it hasn't been drawn before: the user surely didn't
> intended that when clicking (the inset wasn't visible). It seems cleaner to
> me not to do it.

Right.

> Otherwise, we should ascertain that we have coordinates before (i.e. an
> update has been called) before calling LyXText::edit(x,y)... ugly.

Or put some 'sensible' value there, i.e. LCursor::getPos() or similae

> Unrelated1: triple click fails because LyXText::dispatch takes a cur
> argument but the 95% of it uses the real cursor. Smells fishy.

The mouse stuff is not IU'ed yet. As a first approximation, everybody
should use the 'cur' argument, not 'cursor()'.

> Unrelated2: MOUSE_PRESS opens a collapsable. MOUSE_RELEASE closes it. Guess
> the outcome.

No need to guess. I've seen it yesterday evening. I was, however, happy
not to see it crash ;-)

Andre'