I'm using lyx-1.3.4 on MacOSX, which I believe is compiled with Qt-3.1.2. There's an annoying bug in the way some dialogs fail to take focus sometimes but not always. Here's my best attempt and describing what consistency there seems to be in these failures.

It mainly happens after I do a mouse click in the main document window. If I then bring up a dialog box (Find/Replace, Layout>Document..., etc.) it typically does not have focus. After I've clicked on that dialog box, I can dismiss it and call the very same one up again having it take focus appropriately (so long as I haven't clicked anywhere on the main document window in the meantime). Other dialog boxes I call up still fail to take focus until I click on them, and in that case *that* dialog box will be able to take focus, but others won't. (Of course, after any click in the main document window, none of these will take focus.)

There are some exceptions to this. The File>Open... dialog seems consistently able to grab focus no matter what else happens, and I think File>New From Template... does as well. (But others from the File menu, such as Print... don't.)

Any suggestions for how to fix this? (I'm happy to be a guinea pig.)

Thanks.

Bennett

Bennett W. Helm, Chair
Department of Philosophy