On Mar 26, 2004, at 10:28 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Bennett> It mainly happens after I do a mouse click in the main
Bennett> document window. If I then bring up a dialog box
Bennett> (Find/Replace, Layout> Document..., etc.) it typically does
Bennett> not have focus. After I've clicked on that dialog box, I can
Bennett> dismiss it and call the very same one up again having it take
Bennett> focus appropriately (so long as I haven't clicked anywhere on
Bennett> the main document window in the meantime). Other dialog boxes
Bennett> I call up still fail to take focus until I click on them, and
Bennett> in that case *that* dialog box will be able to take focus,
Bennett> but others won't. (Of course, after any click in the main
Bennett> document window, none of these will take focus.)

So you mean that only one window at a time will be able to take focus,
right?

That's right (with the exception of the File>Open and possibly the File>New From Template dialogs).

Bennett